Tuesday 11 October 2011

Bird Is The Word Together Challenge

Looks like I'm lucky first with my Bird Is The Word challenge entry this month! The challenge this time around is to use the word 'Together'. Not long after this challenge went live yesterday, my parents dropped around for lunch. I don't seem them often enough and it is always lots of fun to see them. I felt totally inspired after they left and knew I would have to scrap a photo of them last night and this challenge was perfect!





In other news..I'm a bit late with this one as it was announced last week, but anyway...I have been invited to be become a Design team member over at Show Us Your Stuff. I'm so excited to get started, they always have heaps of great challenges and I love the handmade spin!

Oh and while I'm here, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some good challenge blogs? I can be a bit fussy lol. So all black background and kraft is out, I don't do color palettes as I have to go and buy specifically for it and it seems like too much work. I don't like random draws as well. Oh and I have a thing where for most sites, if I get a win the month before, I don't enter the next month. So A2Z Scraplets, Scrap For Help, Let's Get Shabby, and Screen To Scrap are out for October). I am also not big on multi photo layouts. It is a pain for me to get photos printed in a smaller size than 4x6. I need to send away to get them done and it takes forever!

So ladies, what's left...I'm bored and I need more challenges. I started one last night from Inspired Blueprints after doing a google search for challenges, forgot to read the date didn't I, it was a challenge from May..DOH! Blonde moment =) 

15 comments:

  1. What an AMAZING photo!! LOVE IT!! Gorgeous lo you made for it too! I loveeeeeeee all the layers and the paint! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW GORGEOUS & BEAUTIFUL is your Layout Georgia!!!
    Love your Background, Layers & colors here.....
    Sounds like you have GR8 roll models....How Beautiful!! 37 years Together!!
    Always PLEASURE to have you Share your Creations over @ Bird Is The Word!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALSO!! Reading about your Last Months WIN!!!!
    Have you Seen this????
    http://stuff2scrap.blogspot.com/2011/10/september-challenge-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW your page is stunning Georgia.. the colours and layering look fantastic and such lovely journaling!! OMG you are on a roll with all your wins.. but I'm not surprised. Congrats on making the SUYS DT!! Have a wonderful day :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet layout Georgia & congrats on your new DT gig! I've posted some challenges up on my blog in today's post - 5 of them that I'm going to try to do - and I do it from time to time (post them that is!!) And I have pretty much the same criteria as you so take a look! Thanks for playing again at Bird is the Word!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Georgia, firstly, this layout is amazing.. the background looks fabulous.. and a wonderful photo and precious people to scrap... and well done on being on another DT!! your reputation as a talented scrapper is getting around and everyone will want you!! and as for challenges.. i think you know the ones i do, so i am not sure of any others... and well done on your wins.. it just shows so many different sites all agree you do beautiful layouts!! i hope you find something new to do!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again.. just wondering if you have seen this site?http://aussiescrapjack.blogspot.com/ they have layouts and you lift them...??? have you seenhttp://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/?? anyway that is a couple more i know about!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Georgia this is phenomenal! I love the originalty and creativity. Beautiful work. I'm thinking you should start your own club and all of us can play there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute photo!!Fabulous, warm colours and embellishments! Just I love this!
    Thanks for playing along at BITW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG !!!!! my jaw has dropped to the floor Georgia .... this is sensational ..... love it so much ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Beautiful!! thanks for playing with us at BITW your layouts are always so inspirint!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so wonderful! That picture is so cute...your parents look so happy!! I love your color choices on this page and your design and journaling.

    Thank you so much for playing at Bird is the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation!!! Love the layering..so dimensional..thanks for olaing along BiTW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi my friend Georgia! First of all, your layout is sensational once again! I love all the distressed look and thank you for sharing it with us at BITW! This is a great photo of your parents! They must have a great sense of humor!!! I love it when couples stick together for ever!!! SOOO romantic! As for challenge blogs, if you visit my blog, I have a big list on my sidebar..check them out! And lastly, huge congrats on your wins and DT spot! YEAH!!! You deserve it all!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete