Monday 5 September 2011

From Screen To Scrap September Challenge

This is my first ever entry to Screen To Scrap. I've been a follower now for a while and always wanted to enter a challenge but never seemed to either have the right photo or to have all the right items in my stash. As soon as I saw the current challenge I jumped at the chance as I finally had everything I needed. So the challenge this month is to be inspired by the movie poster Rio. I have gone with the theme of crazy animals. And also to have a one word title, use red, yellow and blue and a bird. What a list hey but I managed to do it all... PHEW!





These photos are of our gorgeous cat Oscar. Prior to discovering scrapbooking, my evenings were spent on the couch watching TV with a lap at his disposal. Now my evenings are spent locked away in my craft room he has become quite jealous and insists on becoming part of my creative process. Here he is stuffing his quite substantial rear into a pasta bowl that I use for paper scraps. Other antics include walking through paint, going to sleep on a project I am right in the middle of, or if I go for a quick coffee knock an entire 'just have to glue together' finished project on the floor!

If your not a huge cat fan, you can skip this bit....

I have to show a photo of how he sleeps. Ever since he was a kitten my son would carry him around on his back like a baby I (and still does). Now this is the way he is most comfortable and likes to sleep or be held. He honestly looks like road kill when he is out to it. He is one of the craziest and sweetest cats I have had ( and there has never not been a cat in my life since I was born)...






13 comments:

  1. Once again Georgia!!! You have Created MAGIC....
    You are SOOOOO punching out Amazing Layouts!!!!!!!
    This is STUNNING! All that fussy cutting is Totally Crazy Awesome....... hehehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome cat. I love him. Such a lot of personality.
    I like how you've used the Graphic 45 paper and that stitching is awesome. Terrific layout. Thanks for joining us. Hope you do so again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one handsome cat & being a cat person I so get wher you're coming from! I have the same issues with a cat who wants to either join in...or sabotage my scrap desk...I empathise!! But we wouldn't be without them would we?!!

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you created for this challenge...& my favourite bit? That little guy breaking through the hoop at the bottom...just fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month & I do hope you'll be sharing more of you work with us in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO Georgia. Love those papers and you've definitely put them to good use! Looking forward to seeing more of you work over at FS2S in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to FS2S - your layout is amazing. I'm a cat lover too so Oscar gets the thumbs up from me, his antics virtually mirror those of one of our felines, Mr Zo - even the ample rear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Wow! wow! I just have to say that I absolutely love your gorgeous style! This is yet another beauty! And your cat pics are just so cute! He looks precious laying on his back like that...what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Welcome to FS2S - what a delight to see this wonderful layout! I love this so much! That clown bursting through there looks totally awesome! Thanks so much for playing along!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great LO Georgia, love the colours and design :) Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Georgia!!
    What a fantastic first entry for FS2S. I love that you have used your cat as the theme :) and love the little acrobatic man coming through the page. Thanks for joining us this month and we hope you will join us again :)
    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh a kitty will alwasy make you smile...& your Oscar is another feline wonder!

    A brilliant LO Georgia, & you are only a new scrapper...I am in awe of your work. Love the layers, & the clown heading off the page. Thank you for playing along with us at FS2S & hope we see you lots more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout!! Love the papers and your kitty is cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you interpreted the poster to scrap about 'crazy' animals! What a great idea! And so well executed too. I just love the circus performers bursting through the page and all your detailed embellishments. Lovely page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is super fun- love all the intricate detail

    ReplyDelete